+1 (800) 440 - 5295
Fast Tracking. Faster.
Program Management & Control (PP&C)
Project Management or Program, Planning & Controls (PP&C) is not a one size fits all proposition. Various industries and endeavors require distinctive types of approaches to how and what methods of PP&C are to be applied, tracked and reported.
The Project Management Institute® (PMI)
was created in part to create a global
framework of standards regardless of
industry or end-product. Some methods
and standards share many common
practices and traits. Some require less rigor, while some require more due to complex EVMS & PP&C requirements by the Government OMB or DCMA.
But, one thing all PP&C efforts share in common. Doing it correctly and accurately, so proactive decision-making has the best information possible, while mitigating or planning for potential pitfalls. Enter HotFoot.
At HotFoot, we apply recognized standards and methods specific to your industry while integrating the right set of solutions tailored to address your distinctive cost, schedule, and technical challenges for program or project.
We're PMI Certified PMP's and EVP's, and we'll implement sound PP&C and EVMS best practices, processes, guidelines, and tools and bring the right people to assure complete success. Fast.
Since 1995, we’ve provided dynamic and timely, cost-effective solutions to companies in the aerospace & defense, biotech, energy, healthcare, IS/IT, pharmaceutical, transportation, and utility industries.
HotFoot believes in providing something more – a conduit for business and revenue growth. By providing exceptional PP&C and EVMS support; assuring your program is on target your stakeholders and customers are more confident in your capabilities and abilities to produce as promised, thus providing a means for potentially new or follow on business.
PP&C Activities Performed & Furnished
• End-to-End solutions for capturing and
implementing cost, schedule & EVMS controls
• RFP development to daily program execution to
developing a validated EVMS Systems Description
• Expert Cost / Financial analysts, IMS schedulers and
EVM subject matter experts (SME) personnel
• Cost, Schedule, Risk Software Tool Evaluation, Implementation & Support
• DCMA IMS Health Assessment: 14 Point
• Integrated Master Scheduling: Sequencing, GERT, Critical Path, Trending, CPLI
• Pre / Post Award Integrated Master Plan / Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS)
• Training & mentoring of EVM and PP&C to IPT CAM’s, users and management
Technical Program Management
• End-to-End solutions for Systems Engineering, System Architecting, and
• Six-Sigma-based Performance Chain ensuring providing sequencing of technical
team member focused attention to task delivery thus condensing or meeting critical
path work products
• End-to-End solutions for Project / Program Management, and architecture
• Pre & Post award Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR), Program Management /
Performance (PMR / PPR)
• Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly support of CDRL performance measurements, metrics
• Program Risk Mitigation and Management
• Training & mentoring to non-users of EVM and PP&C, yet critical to event and task
Financial Program Management
HotFoot’s cost / financial managers and analysts are experts in keeping our clients’ program and organizations running smoothly. We use industry recognized commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and other premier solutions to capture, track, report and manage key cost and financial information.
Financial Program Management include:
• RFP Support & Development
• WBS / OBS / RAM Development
• Budget Analysis & Development
• Control Account, Work / Planning Package Development
• CDRL Requirements: EAC, BAC, SV/CV/VAR, ETC, Format 1-5, SPI/CPI, TCPI
• Financial Tracking, Queries & Reporting
• Funding Allocations & Guidelines for Direct & Indirect Costs, Allowable &
Disallowable Charges, Management Reserve (MR), Undistributed Budget (UB)
• Headcount & Materials Forecasts
• Vendor Performance Management
Methods & Standards
• Office of Management & Budget (OMB): Mandate for EVMS for Gov’t programs
• Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR): Subpart 34.2 EVMS 34.201 Policy
• Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA): ANSI-748 for EVMS Compliance
• MIL-HDBK-245D: Handbook for Preparation of Statement of Work (SOW)
• MIL-HDBK-881A: product-oriented Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Data Item Description (DID): DI-MGMT-81334A: CWBS
• DID: DI-MGMT-81466A: Contract Performance Report (CPR)
• DID: DI-MGMT-81650: Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development
• NDIA: EVMS Intent Guide (EVMSIG)
• PMI: PMBOK
• Critical Path™
• Microsoft Project / Project Server, EPM
• Deltek: Open Plan, Cobra, CostPoint, GCS
Premier, MPM, wInsight
• Integrated Program Manager (IPM) ™
• Kidasa: Milestones Pro
• Network Trace™
• Primavera: P6, EVMS, Portfolio,
Contract Management , Risk Analysis
• Task Review™
Watchout for CARs
When major Government contracts of typically $20M or more are awarded to Prime and subcontractors – a fully compliant EVM System is required. During the life of the program it is critically important to adhere to the regulatory requirements as outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Guidance and the ANSI-748-B for EVMS implementation.
• FAR 46.104(c)(2) Records for decisions regarding the acceptability of the
products, the processes, and the requirements, and action to correct defects
• FAR 46.407 Nonconforming Supplies or Services
• FAR 52.246-2 through 8 Standard Inspection Clauses
• FAR 52.246-11 Higher Level Contract Quality Requirement
• ISO 9001/AS9100
• DFARS 246.470-1 Assessment of Additional Costs
During an Integrated Baseline Review (IBR), Joint Surveillance (JS) or Integrated Validation Review (IVR) non-compliant EVMS and PP&C practices and methods could be exposed and the likelihood of DCMA issuing Corrective Action Requests (CAR) is high. Depending on the severity of the nonconformity, DCMA would issue the contractor one or more CARs and possibly at varying levels – Level 1 to 4 with 4 being the most
At HotFoot we structure our entire EVMS and PP&C support lanes to align with the FAR, DFAR and DCMA regulations thus avoiding or lessening the severity of issued CAR’s. With over 20 years experience and countless IBR’s we know exactly what DCMA is looking for; their ‘tripwires’, and we’ll successfully guide and support you through the process.
Click here for the DCMA overview of CAR Levels, demands and penalties.
Strategic Performance Management & Planning
A clearly defined strategic and business plan is hand-in-glove to Program and Portfolio management. HotFoot’s Strategic Performance Management and Planning team aids clients in defining program and company mission objectives, and develops focused plans to achieve internal and external initiatives.
Strategic Performance Management & Planning include:
• Business action plans
• Communications planning
• Continuous process improvement
• Customer value management
• Effects-based thinking
• Human capital strategy
• Leadership training
• Performance metrics
• Science and technology planning
• Six-Sigma Voice of the Customer (VOC)
• SWOT analysis
• Workforce and Organizational development
Program Managed Service Provider (PMSP)
HotFoot provides a PMSP option whereby our client transfers day-to-day related PP&C / Program Management Office (PMO) responsibilities as a tactical and strategic method for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of program managed operations.
The HotFoot PMSP team assumes responsibility for providing daily cost, schedule and risk support and would provide the resources, processes and solutions for world class PP&C and EVMS functionality while building consistencies and congruencies across all programs.
The PMSP will provide the voice and the governing body which will give direction and leadership for the definition, development and implementation of programmatic standards, guidelines and methods, while providing training of practices and procedures to staff, and customers.
• Temporary, Temporary-to-Permanent or Permanent Placement.
• Time & Material, Labor Hour, Cost-Plus-Award/Incentive-Fee, Firm-Fixed-Price
• Intern, Junior, Mid-Level, Senior, Manager, Director
Contact us and let’s talk about what’s right for you.
Download - HotFoot PP&C Starts With Sound Planning & Scheduling