+1 (800) 440 - 5295
Fast Tracking. Faster.
Earned Value Management (EVMS)
(You can call it 'Performance Management', too)
HotFoot = EVMS & PP&C.
From our beginning, we have implemented, supported and trained program teams in EVM best practices, principles, tools and processes.
EVM practices are applied to numerous programs and products from building databases, software, roads, tanks, new drugs, medical devices and equipment, rocket motors to provided services. EVMS principles and outputs will tell us where we've been, where we're going, how we'll get there and a lot more.
Its outputs can correlate and help provide proactive decision-making information for nearly every aspect of business. EVMS has direct association to contractual program funding, CMMI certification and Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines, so executing EVMS accurately is critical.
HotFoot supports clients from RFP response to
preparing for and passing Integrated Baseline
Reviews (IBR) to complete EVM System validation.
Depending on the size of the program and other
relevant considerations, HotFoot can guide you
through a fully compliant Tier 1 EVMS implementation
with all 32 criteria to a Tier 3 implementation. A Tier 3
would apply key select criteria that aligns with industry
and DCMA recognized data capture and reporting
for clear and concise decision making information.
HotFoot delivers expertise, processes, reports, training and tools to the program team to successfully execute the program and adhere to CDRL requirements - consistently and reliably.
Work Product Deliverables
• RFP Response: Cost, Schedule, EVMS, Risk - Assessments, Content
• Contract Review: Decomposition, Expectation Customer & Team Alignment
• Organization: CWBS, WBS, OBS, RAM, Resource Planning
• Planning & Budgeting: PMB, Milestones, Sequencing Discrete Work, IMS Schedule
Time Phased Budgets (PMB), Control Accounts, Work Packages LOE, MR, UB
• Accounting: ID/Capture/Align - Direct, Indirect, Equivalent, Materials Costs, WBS
• Analysis/Reporting: EAC, BAC, SV/CV/VAR, ETC, Format 1-5, SPI/CPI, TCPI
• Revisions/Changes: Authorization & Config Control, Baseline Change (BCR), PMB
Activities Performed & Furnished
• Controls Account Managers (CAM): CA Planning, CEA, MOU, SPI/CPI, BAC, EAC
• Cost / Financial Analysis & Estimating: Resource, Materials, Parametric Modeling
• Earned Value Focal, Oversight, IV&V Auditors / Specialists
• Integrated Baseline Review (IBR), Joint Surveillance (JS) or Integrated Validation
Review (IVR) - Pre & Post Contract Award Prep, Audit and Mock Reviews
• Integrated Master Scheduling: Sequencing, GERT, Critical Path, Trending, CPLI
• Portfolio Management: Business Alignment, Funding, Prioritization, ROI
• Program / Project Management: Customer/Vendor, SOW, WBS, Continuity
• Risk Management: Delphi, Ishikawa & Fishbone Diagramming, Monte Carlo
Watchout for CARs
When major Government contracts of typically $20M or more are awarded to Prime and subcontractors – a fully compliant EVM System is required. During the life of the program it is critically important to adhere to the regulatory requirements as outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Guidance and the ANSI-748-B for EVMS implementation.
• FAR 46.104(c)(2) Records for decisions regarding the acceptability of the
products, the processes, and the requirements, and action to correct defects
• FAR 46.407 Nonconforming Supplies or Services
• FAR 52.246-2 through 8 Standard Inspection Clauses
• FAR 52.246-11 Higher Level Contract Quality Requirement
• ISO 9001/AS9100
• DFARS 246.470-1 Assessment of Additional Costs
During an Integrated Baseline Review (IBR), Joint Surveillance (JS) or Integrated Validation Review (IVR) non-compliant EVMS and PP&C practices and methods could be exposed and the likelihood of DCMA issuing Corrective Action Requests (CAR) is high. Depending on the severity of the nonconformity, DCMA would issue the contractor one or more CARs and possibly at varying levels – Level 1 to 4 with 4 being the most severe.
At HotFoot we structure our entire EVMS and PP&C support lanes to align with the FAR, DFAR and DCMA regulations thus avoiding or lessening the severity of issued CAR’s. With over 20 years experience and countless IBR’s we know exactly what DCMA's ‘tripwires’ are, and we’ll successfully guide and support you through the process.
Click here to for an overview of DCMA CAR Levels, demands and penalties.
Program Managed Service Provider (PMSP)
HotFoot provides the PMSP option whereby our client transfers day-to-day related Program Management Office (PMO) responsibilities to HotFoot as a strategic method for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Program managed operations.
Tools, Methodologies & Standards
HotFoot has the hands-on expertise with many COTS and other premium software tools to capture, control and report cost, schedule, risk and project/program portfolios. We have adopted many standards and methodologies known throughout the aerospace & defense industry and the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge or PMBOK in order to provide fast, repeatable and consistent work products thus reducing the potential for costly errors, thus saving time and money.
Sample: Methods & Standards
• Office of Management & Budget (OMB): Mandate for EVMS for major Gov't programs
• Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR): Subpart 34.2 EVMS 34.201 Policy
• Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA): ANSI-748 for EVMS Compliance
• MIL-HDBK-245D: Handbook for Preparation of Statement of Work (SOW).
• MIL-HDBK-881A: product-oriented Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Data Item Description (DID): DI-MGMT-81334A: CWBS
• DID: DI-MGMT-81466A: Contract Performance Report (CPR)
• DID: DI-MGMT-81650: Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development
• PMI: PMBOK
• NDIA: EVMS Intent Guide (EVMSIG)
• Critical Path
• Microsoft Project / Project Server, EPM
• Deltek: Open Plan, Cobra, CostPoint, GCS Premier, MPM, wInsight
• Integrated Program Manager (IPM)
• Kidasa: Milestones Pro
• Network Trace
• Primavera: P6, EVMS, Portfolio, Contract Management , Risk Analysis
• Task Review
• Temporary, Temporary-to-Permanent or Permanent Placement.
• Time & Material, Labor Hour, Cost-Plus-Award/Incentive-Fee, Firm-Fixed-Price
• Intern, Junior, Mid-Level, Senior, Manager, Director
Contact us and let’s talk about what’s right for you.
Download - HotFoot EVMS Overview